Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 - back to the horses (Year of the wooden horse)


I don't blog much this past year. I think my 2013 can just fill 2 web pages. This is a far cry from blog posts from the past years when every month has atleast 3 entries.

We have grown up I guess, or we have gravitated towards facebook, twitter and instagram where we don't need to construct whole sentences. But it's not to say that it's not good just maybe a reflection of what we are evolving into. Less words, and more pictures and videos. In my view, that's not so bad.

What do I have to say about 2013? It's our first full year in Melbourne. It was a blast. I had more connections here as it was compared to when  I was in the Philippines. I guess since most of my friends already have families or busy with their own careers. Here in Melbourne, since we don't have family, we treat each other as family.

2013 is about reconnecting with friends, making new ones and realizing the importance of family.

2014 - what will the theme be? For me, I don't want to go to the losing weight again since I know I will work out then lose some then gain some. But this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, as long as my clothes fit me still.

I will make this my theme for 2014. Conquer (or try) my fears! Gulp.

I have lots of fears. Heights, bodies of water, flying (yes,you heard that right) and talking to strangers.  Do I have what it takes? Let's find out. I have 1 year to work on this. Hopefully, I get to blog that I can already swim, climb something and be comfortable in my own skin.

Thank you 2013, it was wonderful.

Hello 2014! Let's go! 

No comments: