Skip to main content
Serious about Health

When I was young, dieting and exercise is all about losing weight (for aesthetic purposes of course). But as I approach my mid 30s and realized how I abused my body with smoking, skipping meals, and a high cholesterol/sugar diet, I am now trying to research and really dig deep on how to achieve a healthy lifestyle.

I started going to the gym since my weight just keeps on adding up and because of that I have to quit smoking since I can't run 30 minute straight without my lungs giving up on me.

Then, I heard Jillian Michael's podcast and found the missing piece. Of course, how could I miss that - chemicals! I don't eat real food since I have this wrong presumption that I am going to lose weight if I am going to restrict my calories to 100-200 calories per meal. But I turned out, processed food like biscuits, sweets are so wrong for me. That's why I didn't lose weight even if I was starving!

So, right now, I have to declutter and clean my system. Being sick all the time is a sign that I have to take control of my body.

Here are some tips that I picked up from a kindle book review. Hope I can continue practicing these!

1. Stop Eating Chemical because your body doesn't know how to process them,
therefore, you gain weight.
2. Choose the real food over the lower fat because you'll eat less and feel more satisfied.
3. Go organic when possible.
4. You can still eat chocolate and drink wine but everything in moderation.
5. Opt for glassware over plastic to cut down more chemical absorption.
6. Those 100 calorie snacks are pure marketing and chemicals.
7. Work out!
8. The amount of chemicals that have snuck into our food system has
reached an alarming rate.
9. Think about OTC drugs as they also contain chemicals.
10. Eat better, eat right and you can cut down a lot of health issues.

Amen? AMEN!

Comments

Dahon said…
Suggest to use glass bottle for your water canteen than plastic or metal.

Lifefactory water bottle is good or kahit anong glass bottle :).

I recommend also you read Michael Pollan's books :). I have Omnivore's Dilemma, I'll give it to you when I get back!
Toni said…
Great Rose! Thanks for ths tips!
Just Two Chicks said…
I've been dieting, eating right, eating vegetarian, switching back to chicken and fish only, because red meat sticks with you for weeks, etc, etc, etc... It's exhausting. I've finally gotten it all figured out, but now I suffer from such horrible reflux, that everything makes me feel gross... veggies, organic, low sodium... bleh! BUT, you're right... the key is to shop the outside of the store... I do buy low-fat and skim milk cheeses, fat free greek yogurts... but I get natural fats from meats, and nuts... Eh, the things we do to look thin and pretty :) I even started a blog aside from my regular one, that just talks about health. I really need to get back to it, but things have been busy :)
Toni said…
haha.. corret! it's hard to be healthy, but it's something we owe to people that we love.

Good luck! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!