Skip to main content
The End of Poverty

It has been quite some time since I bought a brand new book (not borrowed, not from a second-hand shop). I was supposed to buy a fictional book - something light to read. But I glanced through the bestseller's list and I saw the book by Jeffrey Sachs "The End of Poverty". Being in a very optimistic mood as Noynoy begins new management of RP, I bought the book in the hope that it can offer some insights into how RP can move ahead as the new superpower of southeast asia.

It has been bugging me that we have been surpassed by our neighbors - Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam. We have so much potential and we weren't able to put our acts together. Although some wanted to get out of the country to get a better life, but personally, I love the Philippines so much especially the chaos and I want to stay put and go through the adventure of the Aquino presidency.

Of course, one of the suggestions in the book was for IMF to cancel the big debts of impoverished countries. It may seem unfair but it really makes sense.

But one of the concepts that I read that I feel will truly help us in "giving money to the poor" - not for business but for them to give food, clothing and proper education to their children.

The good Bible told us that "The poor will alway be with us." But I feel that comparatively, there will be poor people compared to the rich but poor doesn't always have to mean impoverised-without sufficient food and education. There has to have a shift of resources that will empower everyone to lead decent and productive lives.

I wish Noynoy can get his wits together and be guided by the souls of his parents. I pray that he surround himself with competent people who will establish changes that will our lives better.

I believe in him since I feel that he has a good soul. I pray that Kris reads the book and offer good counsel to Noynoy.

Amen!

Comments

Dahon said…
bru, inspiring post! as in, sulat mo to kay Noynoy...

Medyo di lang ako agree sa last line.."Kris offers counsel.."

Parang awa, wag naaa..gumugulo! hahaha!
Toni said…
hahaha... harhar.. sorry, fan ako ni Kris! :)

Dragonboat tayo Rose ha! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!