Skip to main content
In My life... a film for the modern Filipino Family...

My mom texted me last week and made a date ... "Ako ang kasama mong manunuod ng In my life ni Ate Vi ha?" Of course, being the dutiful daughter I obliged. I was a little curious because we all know that there are many gossips that float around that Lucky Manzano is really bisexual in real life so I would like to see if he will show hints of his sexuality on this film. And of course, I am a John Lloyd fan, I have to watch :)

The movie is good but not excellent. It showed the love between two gay men and the plot is how the mother will factor in their relationship. Odd that there is a semi-love triangle going on, but hey... it's original.

I watched the movie with my mom and as I watched Lucky and John on screen I can't help but think about my brother, my brother-in-law and my mom.

I don't want to think about the drama that will ensue if she finds out. For now, everyone is happy. I wanted to gash and share with my mom how terrific my brother-in-law is but of course, I have to keep my mouth shut since it's not my secret to tell. Que horror, I wish none of my relatives read this blog!

I cried a whole lot in the movie. My favorite scenes are the scenes where Ate Vi and John Lloyd have their moments. Oh my gawd, those two really know how to act. The screen comes alive when the two of them are on screen. John Lloyd's eyes are like Nora Aunor's... they can convey when no words can be found to explain what the character is feeling. He reminds me also of Robert Downey Jr. They can convey depths of emotion that is palpable to the audience.

Watch the movie to see how good the actors are given the limited material they were given. Ate Vi is a little bit rusty but as the scenes progressed, I am reminded of Meryl Streep... so versatile and so natural...

I wonder why... gay men in real life act so stiff when they play gay characters and straight men for me are the best actors to play gay men... I wonder why...

Amen? AMEN!

Comments

pochie said…
agree... it was great but not excellent... pero ang galing lloydie! hahaha =D.. and ate vi rin, kakatuwa sha ;)
hmmm....i seriously thought of that when we watched the film and mind you, we were sort of having an LQ at that time... when suddenly he reached for my hand and held as if saying, "it's gonna be okay." waaaah!
Toni said…
hellow!!! sandman interpreter :) of course, it's going to be alright! kayo pa ;)

misshu! see you soon!

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!