Skip to main content
Travel -- don't live life without it...

IMG_0524

With good friends -- this is how it should be..

Travel has a way of stretching the mind. The stretch comes not from travel's immediate rewards, the inevitable myriad new sights, smells and sounds, but with experiencing firsthand how others do differently what we believed to be the right and only way.

I have long been a proponent of travelling to other places not to see the sights but to experience first hand the different cultures that make humanity so diverse and exciting. It also is a way of travelling to the unknown and then being more attuned to one's subconcious. By going away from the familiar, you return to your center - to who you really are.
---ooo---
Sagada was one of my most memorable vacations because it made me realized why I am so full of fears. I am afraid of heights, enclosed spaces and bodies of water (but I do take a bath, yes I do). I am afraid of losing ground, of losing control because there is no one there to catch me.
---ooo---
New York was my first travel adventure by my lonesome. I rode the bus from Minneapolis to New York in which I spent about 72 hours of my life just flat on my butt and fixated on the passing scenes. This vacation was the turning point in my life. It marked the moment in which I chose the path in which I am more comfortable. It was liberating to accept what I have spent my whole life fighting.
---ooo---
Now, back to what I was supposed to blog. My DISNEY adventure - this was a journey to my past. It made me rethink my life and made me go back to my childhood. I was so happy. Disney touched that part in my cerebrum which I think also is being targeted when one is high on drugs. It was heaven! I felt safe, loved and it made me remember that I did own a Mickey Mouse watch!

I had a happy childhood, no issues there. But if there was one major issue, I felt that I was overprotected. I was sheltered for the first 12 years of my existence from the harsh realities of life thus, I think I still carry that naivete with me until today.

Getting lost is fun when you're with friends! :)

IMG_0548

Yahoooo!!!!

disneey!

Buullsss Eye!

eyfort!

With my dear roomie...

consi_me

---

I always felt so dependent and I was under the delusion that I didn't need anybody to make me complete. But I now know, that travelling is much, much sumptuous when you're with good friends, kindred spirits who you can share your thoughts with. I was lucky to have Consi and Mark with me (of course, a special THANK YOU! wink wink. I never felt like a third party or a taga picture lang. I felt I was part of their family. In the future, I'll surely will, being the future Ninang to little Fluffy and Puffy.

It feels good to be a witness to a couple who are just beginning. You get to hear their dreams, their aspirationts. The two of them are so in love and are ready to start a new life together. Being with them, makes me feel warm all over. If I don't get to find that someone atleast I can experience it vicariously with these two. I saw what the real deal looks like. Yep, I am 100% confident - for life itoh.

I began to draft this article narrating what rides we took, the Disney characters that I saw in person! (tumatawa ba ang taong nasa luob ng mascot costume pag nagpapapicture kami?). But this trip was about friendship, about feeling good about oneself by going back to our own happy place and the power of laughter. We were all laughing because we always had Freudian interpretations of everything.
------
Yep, Pooh and Piglet are definitely gay. Mickey Mouse is the Vic Sotto of Disneyland, every princess had to go through him first :) and Pinocchio is the favorite giggolo of the Disney brothel. Imagine a lonely woman calling for a Pinocchio --
"One Pinocchio at Room 308 please and make him tell many lies first before going up :)"


AMEN! AMEN! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The Lesbian Lifestyle

It's been about eight (8) years since I came out as a lesbian. So much has changed since then. I never in my wildest dream thought that I will be with someone who loves me as much as my partner does and I never realized that I am capable of so much love.

I gained more than 50 pounds. You'll never realize it but the weight creeps in. It seems to be proportional to the amount of happiness you're gaining. Thus, if weight is the price I need to pay for being happy so be it! I would rather be plump and gay than thin and grumpy. :)

All of my friends are straight women and gay guys. I have a few lesbian friends (about 3 I think) and that's it. Not having enough lesbian friends is not a major problem for me since I don't think I fit into the lesbian lifestyle.

1.) I am not a radical feminist.
2.) I don't really think that all men are evil (ok some are but we also have evil women :)).
3.) I like green jokes and other politically incorrect jokes as …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!