Skip to main content
The Best Movie I've Seen this year! (Across the Universe)

If there is a band that influenced me the most, it is the Beatles especially John Lennon. When I heard that there is a restaurant in Greenbelt 5 called John and Yoko, I had to go there even if I had to feel intimidated by the members of the upper-uppa strata of Philippine society. Anyway, I digress.

Pogs was gushing about this movie since last year and when I heard the soundtrack, I told him that my favourite song is "I wanna hold your hand..." I swear, I didn't know the story behind the song in the movie at that time :)

The movie touched a sensitive chord. It featured a lot of songs by the Beatles sung with such emotion and panache by the main characters. TV Caprio who played Prudence in the movie was a Filipina (every main character in the movie came from songs from the band - Jude, Max (Maxwell's hammer), Lucy, and Prudence (Dear Prudence)). She was the one who sung my fave song "I wanna hold your hand..." Although I didn't like the way the director treated her character (why does every lesbian or gay character had to have a pathetic unrequited love problem? :) ).

Cinematography was great! The story was simple but sweet and if there was a movie that is edible, it was this film. It was sumptuous and a delight to the senses! It's a movie about love, friendship and everything in between.. haha :)

Go grab a deebeedee copy of this movie! It's now on my list of re-watchable movie musicals (Rent, Moulin Rouge, and Sound of Music :) ).

" All you need is love, love... Love is all you need ..."

AMEN!

Fave Scenes from Across the Universe..
(for a complete list of videos from this movie click here)

Strawberry Fields (Nag-crave ako ng strawberries after watching this..)


All you need is love... (grabeh.. wahhh..reminded me of the last public performance of the Beatles sa rooftop!)



Syempre.. etoh. winner! :)

Comments

Dahon said…
Yes, it was SUPER GOOD!! I love this movie to death! (Feeling ko gumanda naman sya dahil beatles music yung ginamit eh, if it were some other also famous band songs, la masyado impact hehehe!) :)

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!
NUMUMS - BAKES AND CAKES





This is our new business venture. Please place your orders just in time for Valentine's!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …