Skip to main content
I choose to love...

Photobucket

I received a text message yesterday from Osang the text addictus:
" love not because you like the person....
not because you care...
love not because you know that you cannot live without that person..
instead..
just love... without knowing why..."

It's the month of February once again, and this is the first time I am going to spend it with someone special (given that we don't fight again next week.. hahaha :)). This love business is complicated and yet simple. I know the theories/rules but my gawd, it's different when applied (Applied Sciences are more useful in real life, but you need the general theories first to ground yourself right?).

What have I learned this past few months about love?
- Infatuation can be mistaken for love.
- The challenge and excitement of the chase can be mistaken for love.
- You don't feel lovey doey all the time, sometimes you fight and when both of you are hormonal... world war III itoh..
- Love without expecting anything in return. This will solve everything but my gulay.. ang hirap pala nitoh... hindi nga lang sumagot sa text warla na...
- Love can make you do things you never thought possible.
- Love is about commitment and once you choose the one you'll love, just do everything to make it worth.

Yes, I have been blogging about letting go of someone but I think I am just scared of falling for her more. I am scared to lose her so I was thinking of letting go before I cross the point of no return. But I have been a coward all my life, and I have to go through with this.

"Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds.." sabi nga ni pareng Shakespeare... even if I sprained my ankle and a text message arrives..."How's your feet?" :) Well, as my friend Osang told me..."You can never find everything you're looking for in one person.."

Just be thankful that the Universe has sent you someone who will teach you lessons that you can never find in books...

So, just love... love and love... without knowing why... so that at the end of my days... I'll gladly answer the question.."How do you measure your life?" with a resounding.."What about love?..."

AMEN!

Comments

babynix said…
I'm so happy for you, dre! 1st meaningful valentine's so make it count! :) as complicated as it may seem, we just can't let go of it. hehehe. just live, love and love some more :)
Acid Burn said…
awwww... ako ba talaga nag-advice nyan??? hahaha! in fairness parang matalino ako sa love (yeah right haha!)! go dre! nakaka-tanga talaga ang love pero you can't deny naman the happiness that comes with it. ;-) basta go go lang but don't forget din naman na magtira ng para sa sarili mo. in the end, we still have to love ourselves to go on with life. naxx!
Toni said…
AMEN to you both..hahahha...
Porsh said…
gosh net, so tuloy-tuloy na itich? give it all you've got then =)

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!