Skip to main content
Gay Pride in Minnesotttaahahhh....

One of the things I like about Minnesota is the diversity. People come from different nationalities and of course, different gender identifications. Early June, I saw the flyers, "Twin Cities Pride". Oh my, the gay parade! I am going to catch it, I made a mental note! Then, I totally forgot about it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yesterday, I went to Loring Park on my way to the lakes. I don't know why, but I just felt I needed to go out. Then, I saw two men holding hands. Ooohh.. how sweet. Then further down, I saw two women kissing... hmmm... then lo and behold, I saw booths with the rainbow flag a flying. It's the Gay Festival Weekend... whoopee!

So, I just walked around and observed. There was a band playing, and men and women (at this point, I can no longer differentiate if what I am seeing is a gay man or a gay woman, androgynous talaga) just walking around holding hands.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I learned that the gay parade will be this Sunday. So, I called Conchita and Fluffy, we cannot miss this! So, armed with sunscreen and shades we (Conchita, Fluffy, The Concha and me) trooped to Hennepin Avenue to see our kapatids sa pananampalataya. Oh my, gay men are really so cute and some gay women are so pretty that Concha remarked, "sayang naman yun.."

On the website, the parade should have started at 11 AM, but I told Consi, "Consi, gay parade toh, I bet this will be fashionably late..." True enought, the parade started at about 11:20 am.


There was a roar of the motors and there yah go, sisters in motorbikes. Grabeh, they are so cute and astig! Then, after which, I forgot if I was watching a gay parade or a political rally. I swear! All the politicians were there. Well, this is Minnesota, half of the population is gay. Votes kung votes!

Concha made a funny remark, "Pano kung may nagpasabog d2?" Consi wittingly remarked, "Ah eh, papangit na ang Minnesota... wala ng magpapaganda kung mamatay lahat ng bading!" Some gay men I wouldn't sense because they look so buff. Imagine, we saw buffed football guys throwing the ball then during the parade, he kissed one of the guys.

Imagine my shock, when I saw a guy we play badminton with, in front of me dancing! Langya, nde ko naamoy yun. The best buy geek squad contingent was there. Oh diba, geek na bading pa.. fabulous!

Of course, the was a float with men only wearing trunks dancing, gay cheer leaders (buffed men wearing the cheer leader costumes) dancing my humps... langya. Imagine the whole Hennepine Avenue street literally filled with gays. I wish my gay friends were here. They could have enjoyed the sights!

Now, I can say that my trip to Minnesota is complete :) Gay people rock! :)

AMEN!

Ayan, sa kin galing itoh.. eyfort kunin toh ha :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments

wish i was there.
Neth said…
hey cris,

i also wished you were here together with the rest of the gay gang in manila.. :)

don't worry, i know you'll be in one some day ;)

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!