Skip to main content


Grey's Anatomy

We're still on a DVD marathon mode, after Gilmore Girls (which we stopped for awhile due to someone's inability to read the subtitles because of ahhh ehhh...ssshhh), Nike has purchased on a price cut season 1 of Grey's Anatomy (yes, Nike is the shopper of the household, hands up!). Grey's Anatomy rocks!

I liked Scrubs in a funny way but Grey's Anatomy is guilty pleasure (in the league of Seventh Heaven and Touched by an Angel).

Why did I like it? I am not so sure, but I love the ensemble, their personalities and their quirks. It's just a bunch of cute doctors, with emotions, feelings, and imperfections. It's a show about being human, flawed but wonderful.

It made me realized that I am not alone in fearing vulnerability, of walling myself as not to get hurt. How do you keep people at a distance and live with yourself knowing that you're going to be alone for the rest of your life because your fear of getting hurt is so bad that you have to shoo people away (thanks congee for the spelling). Yes, they might be close now, but what will you do if they go away. I just can't take that anymore. Yes, I know, I chose distance, because of one word - PRESERVATION. (naks-drama mode!)

Why does everybody seem to fall for Meredith Grey?

She's not that pretty (not as pretty as Izzie), but I think she has this air of melancholy and sadness, a vulnerability that touches one's need to protect somebody. People want to feel needed and Grey is a person you would like to protect from all the harshness. She also looks so dreamy, thus, explaining her tandem with Dr. Mc Dreamy... hahaha...

I love the quotes... I have to stop at some point because some lines hit home so bad that I can hear my heart thawing and cracking with the pressure.. argh!

Ohhhh, and my favourite characters are Christina and Alex (yup, the jerkass who is not apologetic for who he is...).

Lines from Grey:

"At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it's usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we've chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them. The people that are still with you at the end of the day, those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, it can be exactly what you need."

"At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines... that are way too dangerous to cross. "

"We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The Lesbian Lifestyle

It's been about eight (8) years since I came out as a lesbian. So much has changed since then. I never in my wildest dream thought that I will be with someone who loves me as much as my partner does and I never realized that I am capable of so much love.

I gained more than 50 pounds. You'll never realize it but the weight creeps in. It seems to be proportional to the amount of happiness you're gaining. Thus, if weight is the price I need to pay for being happy so be it! I would rather be plump and gay than thin and grumpy. :)

All of my friends are straight women and gay guys. I have a few lesbian friends (about 3 I think) and that's it. Not having enough lesbian friends is not a major problem for me since I don't think I fit into the lesbian lifestyle.

1.) I am not a radical feminist.
2.) I don't really think that all men are evil (ok some are but we also have evil women :)).
3.) I like green jokes and other politically incorrect jokes as …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!