Skip to main content
Bless us O Lord....

I have been warned that Minneapolis is a provincial town. But we were assigned to downtown Minnepolis which is the counterpart of Ayala in Makati and it's great! We can walk to go to the movie house, the grocery store, the office, run to the lakes (which took me about 2 and a half hours - sorry Cads) and it's so quiet and urban. People here are so nice. They alway say "Hi, how are you doing?" Gosh, all the pleasantness is melting my harden heart. Libran paradise! If only all people in the world can be polite!

Anyway, we attended a volunteer work for the Salvation Army sponsored by the company. We painted a hall for the homeless. In fairness, the Salvation Army exists! It's a place where people who are in need of assistance get it - food, warmth, a roof over one's head, treatment for addictions and a friend to talk to. I was touched when the social worker told us that "We don't push people away, they're always welcome here...." Hayness.... The world can be a good place!

Oki, the highlight of my day... we were eating lunch and Nike and I were seated on a round table by our lonesome when somebody asked me, "Can we seat here?" And when I looked at him, my brain stopped functioning for a second..."HE WAS BEAUTIFUL!" hayy.. I said.. "Sure!".

We shook hands and introduced ourselves and my gawd, his palms were dry and soft! I loved him! Then, calling ourselves lucky, hala, additional papas went to the table. My gosh! Are my eyes playing tricks on me? An entire fold of GQ models personified! I was eyeing this super cute, dandy guy. Then, there was this "lukso ng dugo". Oh no.. "is he?" There was this flick of the fingers, the way he looks at men, arghh... yep, he's gay. He was seated across me.

So, what did we do? We talked about them in Tagalog - out loud.
Anto: Kita mo tong lalake sa harap ko? May itchu pero bading.
Nike: Oo nga...
Anto: Pangalawang tao sa kanan mo.. gwapo rin!
Nike: Pwede!
Anto: Gusto mo kausapin ko itong nasa kaliwa ko? (the guy who introduced himself.)
Nike: Sige.

Hay... before eating.. I said a prayer:
"Bless us O Lord, for these thy gifts of flesh which are eyes are going to feast on. Through your bounty, through Christ , our Lord.... AMEN!"

Yumminess to the highest level!

Comments

Porsh said…
net, naka-salamin ka ba nung nakita mo itong mga alleged fafa material na boys na ito?

at btw, i-modify ba ang grace before meals? sabagay, mabuti na ang thankful kaysa ungrateful di ba? hahaha.
Neth said…
hay naku, ako rin.. i couldn't believe my luck! nike can attest to the fafableness of them!

at yes, i had my glasses on .. and no iota of alcohol on my bloodstream!
walang pics? :p
Neth said…
meron, pero nde ko camera..hahhaha.. i'll post pag na-release na nila :)

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!
NUMUMS - BAKES AND CAKES





This is our new business venture. Please place your orders just in time for Valentine's!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …