Skip to main content
The Zen of Minneapolis

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have only been here for almost 2 weeks and I have learned a lot of good stuff. Here goes my yoda-ish bulletpoints:

1. Anto + Map = Lost
= "You won't get lost, there are maps everywhere. "
-- Mr. Congeniality (Mr Clean lookalike)"

Ahhh.. try telling this to someone who can't distinguish left from right. It took me almost three freezing days to detemine that my street is just insanely parallel to my office building. I went around in circles. The map was good, but I really have this thing about finding "perspective". If I am in Marquette Avenue, and 9th Avenue is right here (a tiny dot , blob on my map), how do I go there? The map tells me stuff, yes I can read, but I lack spatial skills on how to go from point A to point B. Wishing Gerry was here, I think he can go around Minneapolis quite easily with my map.

2. Chocolate and coffee are basic food groups.
It's cold outside but I have to go out. It's a state of emergency in the land of Antoland. No more coffee! I will brave the wind, yes, even used up my calories to figure out this darn map! Just to find the nearest store. Thankfully, fafa Lec was kind enough to drop me off to Target, mwah!

3. Laundry and Ironing 101
Oki, if I am going to wear it this way, how will I press the creases? How does this washing machine work.. hmmm... Instruction 1: put detergent in compartment A, there's the picture of 3 neat boxes. I look at the washing machine, where the hell are those 3 neat boxes. After 3 million year of kapa-kapation, it was under the something. Arghh.. maps and instructions.. these are killing me! For the life of me, why am I bothering to iron my clothes when I am wearing it inside my jacket? Just a thought...

Comments

Porsh said…
tonet! welcome to the world of domesticity! i hope you find it worthwhile and enlightening, the way i did hehehe. you know, there should really be a legislation to make it paid labor, because it's also tiring and stressful ;P
Neth said…
yep, as someone said, i need a wifey also! hahaha... or yaya? weheheh :) joke!

But this builds character... i hope it will :)

mwah!

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!