Skip to main content
A day in the life

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I realized that there are moments in one's life when everything seems to be standing still - no action, inertia sets in and you're bored out of your wits. Then you call out to the universe and you make changes... any change, to keep the wheel from stopping. Then, as if the machine was turned on all of a sudden, everything swirls into motion. Everything happens so fast that you realized that you were in some sort of terminal just a few days ago waiting for a new journey ahead.

This past week has been a journey from the past, present and the future. I saw a friend that I haven't seen for about two years. We shared a common point in our life's journey and when I saw her, memories began to play tricks on me. I have to compose myself because the unreality of it all struck me. Someone missing, that got me, and I just looked at her and being the old Anto, acted like nothing was amiss (my defense mechanism). But I missed those times, the people that we were and the stories that we shared. How happy I was that my journey with this lady from the land of the rising sun is not yet finished. Welcome back my friend!

How much did I accumulate these past three years? I have been living in the same room for about three years now, and I liked that room. I haven't been in any part of the boarding house except for my room, the bath and the living room (funny when I found out that an officemate was a former housemate, and I didn't realize it being the anti-social that I am, after I exhaust the maximum words that I set for a day).

As I pack my books (I was able to fill the bookshelf!), notebooks, diaries, pictures, old birthday/christmas cards; I found a treasure... unsent letters! Gosh, as I read them, I cringed.. was I that corny, mushy, and overly sentimental when I was in love? yikes! That's why, I have this habit of putting dates on everything I write, books that I acquire. When I looked at the date, 2003, and I was madly in love with this person and gosh, the cheesiness of the letter. Thank Heavens I didn't send them. But I cannot part with them. So, I put them in a box and looked at the pile of memories and then, I stared at the wall, bracing myself for the days ahead.

I feel that the love of my life is waiting for me... out there.. (Charuz! drama! Charing!) AMEN!

Comments

Vitamin Cee said…
Ikaw naman ngayon ang mushy...Meron yatang kung anuman sa hangin ngayon noh? hehehe. But yup, it's nice to remember how you were. And even nicer to know how much you've become better! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!
NUMUMS - BAKES AND CAKES





This is our new business venture. Please place your orders just in time for Valentine's!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …