Skip to main content
Interesting weekend...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last Friday was Cris (H-less) 24th birthday! Contrary to popular belief, he is only twenty-four. Conchita and I went to the party hosted by his badminton buddies. It was fun! The food was delicious (Thanks to manang lita!) and our hosts were very gracious and accommodating. I had to explain to expats what a "Lulu" is and maybe it's the wine but I didn't expect the words to define it to come out of my mouth... HAHAHA!

-------------------

Saturday was a girls' night out. Dahon and I went to watch 'The Blossoming of Maxi'. Seeing the two of us inside the theatre you would think that I was the one who haven't watched the movie yet. I enjoyed it even if it's my second time to view the film. It's that good!

-------------------

We were to meet an Aussie by the name of Gracie. We haven't met her before but of course, thank God for mobile phones and we were able to see her. She is such a sweet girl... (ok, I don't have to rub that she's barely legal). We watched Man of La Manca. I liked it! Audie was great! The whole ensemble were so talented. This was my second time to watch Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo and she really sizzles on stage! She is beautiful and a glory to behold! She played Aldonza (Dulcinea... nope not the restaurant but the name Don Quixote remembers her by... but I think the restaurant got the name from the play...). Ok... altogether now... "Dulcinea....I see heaven when I see thee, Dulcinea, And thy name is like a prayer..." Tummy rumbling at this point... pogs added, "The best lengua", and I salivate....

Of course, the song that was immortalised in this play, "To dream an impossible dream... to fight the unbeatable foe... to bear the unbearable sorrow..." Hayyy... really the play for the "Quixotic" moi. "Do you like to live life as it is... or life as it ought to be!" Dream on.... dream on... Sometimes, it's all that we have...

-------------------

Aussie Gracie was fun to be with. Just like having a kid sister. She was amazed at our astrological beliefs. When she was looking for a roommate, the Egyption priestess asked her,"What's your sign?" "Aquarius..." You're in! Well, of course, we told her that an Aquarian and a pisces (her current boyfriend) will have a rocky start. But cross our fingers... he might have a different ascendant.

Then, I found myself back at Malate again. In the famous loft of Inno Sotto and Rocky something to view an art exhibit. But this was concept art. The type that I don't get... (I like art to portray beauty... I am a libran... an individual guided by the planet venus... I am not logical). But I still had fun...

Malate calls again... I can't wait to get back...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!
NUMUMS - BAKES AND CAKES





This is our new business venture. Please place your orders just in time for Valentine's!
The Iphone experience

Truth be told, I was happy with my glamorous MMS only phone. I can text, I can call and it's handy. But when I begin my relationship with my Iphone, I am a convert to super moder handheld devices.

I literally don't open my laptop anymore when I am at home. I only need my Iphone to check my emails, facebook, update my twitter, watch videos, podcasts, etc. I don't want to work with documents at home so this is something I find so useful.

I am really at awe with its features (you have to understand that I took a very giant leap in technology). The mere fact that I can check emails and update my calendar are useful features - in a major-major way.

Imagine having the convenience of reading the news, downloading time filler games and of course, there's this useful app - FOOD SPOTTING! It can help you find the nearest bakery, bulalohan, etc.

On the other hand, knowing that this device can be tracked can be spooky! Imagine that it has all of your informatio…