Skip to main content
Is It Worth the Pain?



With all that has been happening I think I have to give out my thoughts to the universe. Seeing the younger people experience what I have gone through in the past (feeling lolah?), I can't help but reminisce the past.

For every heart ache in my life, I remember aching legs from long walks, forced breaths because of smoking, and reeling dizziness because of drunkenness. Yup, the same process; I was surprised to learn that this tendency is universal.

I am a veteran of the Lonely Hearts club... been there, been that. But of course for every person that you care about, the experience and coping mechanism is as different as my left handprint to my right handprint.

Asking questions like, "If we're going to turn back time and knowing that in the future it's going to hurt like hell, will you still go through the "friendship"? (I only learned now that there's really a semantics problem in every relationship, hmmm... interesting)

Amidst clouds of smoke and empty bottles of beer, you will immediately answer, "NOooooooooooooo!" But deep inside, will you really disregard that part of your past to escape the pain in the now moment?

Even if it may sound cliche and mushy to the nth power, some old quotes that we learned from dusty English textbooks really ring true... there's really a reason why they stand the test of time. They are universal truths.

"It's better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all."
"Love is not love when alteration finds."

I don't know if these are true but of course there's also this quote,
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
That's why I am a firm believer in second chances but more than that, you don't exist in my universe anymore.

I also learned that you can't give all love and attention to one person. We are all human, just divide that love into many pieces and give the largest piece to yourself and just try to love everybody. The hurt that you feel after you have loved someone is exponentially proportional. The more you love, the more you risk being hurt. If you can handle it, I am with you my friend. Just do what you think is right for you. "No guts, no glory!"

Also, if you're going to start a relationship be it a friendship or "special friendship" or MU... gosh... the terms are endless, know his/her history. You may do good to him/her. You will go out of your way to accommdate his/her needs. But if that person is going out of a bad relationship, or on a rebound. Run!

You may be a pawn in his/her purpose to get revenge to the one that has hurt him/her or for want of a better term you may be a mirror of the past that he/she will dash and destroy to rebuild a broken ego. Animals who are hurt cannot be controlled or reasoned with. Men and women (sometimes) can be fragile, weak, and insensitive.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


"All we need is love!" But Yoda is right, extreme emotions can lead to the dark side.

"Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering."

But of course, love can lead to fear. Fear of losing the one you love.

Are you ready to get to know your dark side? But you need to know that half of you, because it's a part of who you are.

Just hate for now, who knows, you might find the path to forgiveness, but never forget... never ever forget past wrongs. Forgive but not forget.

Comments

Gizmo said…
Wow cool blog.hey can you give me some tips on how you made your blog.I'm dieing to know how to create my own backround.I only know how to change colors.
Neth said…
hello -

thanks! a friend of mine helped me with my blog template.. but what you could do is find a blog that you like then view the HTML code by clicking on View -> Source on internet explorer.

Then, do some customizations, maybe create jpg files (pictures) then upload it which you can then include/reference on the code.

one more thing.. experiment with a new blog... a dummy blog which you could modify...

good luck!
i had been on the rebound and also found someone on a rebound too, even one from a bad relationship. I also met who's into a LDR.
being hurt is something i have learned to get away from. i have developed this defense mechanism to get over my 'subjects' to avoid being hurt.
nonetheless, i love the l
Neth said…
nice cris! you are truly a lovable person... just keep on loving and you'll finally meet the person that will make you happy .. :)
zedz0827 said…
Goshy nette, your blog is somewhat related to what's happening to me now... I dunno how to get back to myself... My smiles turns out to frown... But why am I still giving a third chance? And hoping that I will be the same again... Though the relationship is still there doubts are now taking place...
Neth said…
zendz! different strokes for different folks ..at iba-iba talaga ang nangyayari sa ating lahat... keep on loving dear! :)
mwah!

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!