Skip to main content
Ode to Cabbies....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They can make or unmake our day. They can make us believe in humanity's altruism or make us loathe that they ever existed. The smell of leather and clean upholsterty can lift us to scent bliss or make us turn blue because we instinctively hold our breath upon closing the taxi's doors when our nostrils realize that there's a peculiar aroma emanating from the car's interior.

I am one of the fortunate ones (or unfortunate) whose place of residence is "walkable" to the place where I work. So, I always ride the taxi because taking the PUVs from our house to the office will take me about 30 minutes compared to just a mere 10 minutes if I take the cab.

In a good day, I will be walking along Nicanor Street a.k.a Reposo St., then the first taxi that I'll hail, "Hail Mary!" it will stop and without any questions or arguments I will be ushered in. There will be a polite and friendly greeting of "Good Morning Ma'am!" just like Robin Padilla in his Shawi/Robin movie days. Sometimes if the planets are aligned the taxi driver can look like Robin Padilla. I think I occasioned upon a taxi driver who was very cute and when I paid my fare I realized that it was a girl. hahahaha....

"I love you manong!" This I can only mutter upon alighting in Dela Costa if it was a good day... if Dr. Jeckyl was on board. But what if Mr. Hyde was on the driver's seat? You can immediately discern this by the rantings/rumblings of this driver as he drives you to your destination. As if it was your fault that the traffic is heavy and the cars seem to be unmoving. Sometimes, he can take the longest possible route to take you to where you are going. Ok... it may be my fault because I was too deep into my own world listening to my IPod (naks! shameless plugging). But still! Argh! My BP can immediately skyrocket and I can feel that my face is turning red! "I hate! No.. I loathe those taxi drivers!"

I always have murderous thoughts in my head when I am inside such shameless drivers. If I could just take my earphones and strangle the darn driver with it, I would! But serving time in jail just for an impolite/imbecile/raucous driver is not my idea of justice. So, I'll just say my piece (translation: nagging galore) then space-out. Passive aggressiveness to the core!

But I think taxis are here to stay. I really have a love-hate relationship with cab drivers. Until I get my own car, I have to live with the idea that there will be good cabbies and there will be EVIL cabbies. God, if you're listening kindly keep me away from evil cabbies. Please..... Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The Lesbian Lifestyle

It's been about eight (8) years since I came out as a lesbian. So much has changed since then. I never in my wildest dream thought that I will be with someone who loves me as much as my partner does and I never realized that I am capable of so much love.

I gained more than 50 pounds. You'll never realize it but the weight creeps in. It seems to be proportional to the amount of happiness you're gaining. Thus, if weight is the price I need to pay for being happy so be it! I would rather be plump and gay than thin and grumpy. :)

All of my friends are straight women and gay guys. I have a few lesbian friends (about 3 I think) and that's it. Not having enough lesbian friends is not a major problem for me since I don't think I fit into the lesbian lifestyle.

1.) I am not a radical feminist.
2.) I don't really think that all men are evil (ok some are but we also have evil women :)).
3.) I like green jokes and other politically incorrect jokes as …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!