Skip to main content

Talipana's Best Kept Secret -- according to moi


Galera's Lukas
Originally uploaded by amazonangbading.
For every vacation that I take, I am more excited with the trip/journey rather than the destination. That's why I was totally thrilled when I went to Sagada a few years back because of the 17 hr ride and the rustic scenes we passed by and the people you bonded with (for life!) . Besides the scenery, the FOOD should be good and sumptuous!

Talipana Beach in Puerto Galera may not have a ring of recognition for some but if you would like peace, tranquility, (beach full of fafa foreigners and fafa locals), and good Italian good, this is the beach for you ... including bitches and bitches wannabes.

First food trip stop in Talipana should be 'LUKAS' restaurant! Thanks to Faye and fafa Erbie for introducing us to this resto. This is a restaurant serving Italian cuisine and the cook/chef is ITALIAN (how authentic can you get). From my vantage point, I can see this fafa cook weaving his magic in the kitchen. Sad though, he is the only one preparing the food, in a small kitchen with limited kitchen equipment so a word of caution... Be there 2-3 hrs in advance. You don't want to famish, waiting for the food while smelling the sizzling aroma from the other tables.

The marinara pasta was superb and I have yet to see a big heap of pasta and seafood for only 220 Pesosesss... The Beef Steak is heavenly. According to chef erbie, the herbs (rosemary, oregano.. etc) chef lukas put into the dish differentiate it from the beef steak we are all accustomed with. The pizza and the enormous calzone are served straight from the oven. This is hot --- I think I got tongue blisters when I put a mouthful of calzone after it was served (katakawan!).

The only downer to this food establishment is the service. Although we can't really compare manila food servers and those from Lukas because the environment in Talipana is quite provincial, their service can put one's patience to the test.

This weekend sojourn to Talipana is a welcome break for all of us. I really enjoyed watching the gang strut their stuff in the beach. With porshee's mala FHM pose sa batuhan that can put Andrea del Rosario to shame, and the ladies in skimpy swimwear... Too bad our boys were only wearing board shorts... I forgot to shop for trunks for each of them for my viewing pleasure... next time! There are only a few people in Talipan, no bars so you can really enjoy the peace and the scenes without throngs of people haggling the beach. If you have the time, you should go to Talipana this weekend! It's really worth it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello,

--- www.blogladder.com ---

You are invited to join blogladder.com. There are dozens of color themes to choose from at the bottom of the home page. You will get lots of comments on your blog because it's a community blogging site. There's a blog ladder, an entry ladder and you can build your own blog ladder.

Have a great day!
dahon said…
comment spam above, grr!
Anyway, harass lang ng harass ng fafables! Summer, magandang opportunidad, hahaha! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!
NUMUMS - BAKES AND CAKES





This is our new business venture. Please place your orders just in time for Valentine's!
The Iphone experience

Truth be told, I was happy with my glamorous MMS only phone. I can text, I can call and it's handy. But when I begin my relationship with my Iphone, I am a convert to super moder handheld devices.

I literally don't open my laptop anymore when I am at home. I only need my Iphone to check my emails, facebook, update my twitter, watch videos, podcasts, etc. I don't want to work with documents at home so this is something I find so useful.

I am really at awe with its features (you have to understand that I took a very giant leap in technology). The mere fact that I can check emails and update my calendar are useful features - in a major-major way.

Imagine having the convenience of reading the news, downloading time filler games and of course, there's this useful app - FOOD SPOTTING! It can help you find the nearest bakery, bulalohan, etc.

On the other hand, knowing that this device can be tracked can be spooky! Imagine that it has all of your informatio…