Skip to main content
Out and Proud

There is this new show in local television called “Out”. It’s the first gay-oriented show on Philippine TV. It is hosted by three wonderful people, two gay guys – JM (a newbie who just recently went out of the closet), Jigz (a cool gay guy who has been out and proud for a long time) and Avi (the bisexual woman who exudes sexuality and warmth, who by the way is the antithesis of what we perceive of in a wowyn). Last week I watched the pilot episode and I was greatly fascinated by the show. For one, it was a very brave move on the part of the network’s management to air this type of show in a predominantly Catholic and conservative country; second – it’s about time that the gay community are heard and featured – their successes, dreams and frustrations.

In that first episode, it showed how the three hosts went out and announced to the whole country who they truly are. JM was the lola crayola of the lot, who went out and talked to his sister about his closeted feelings and true nature. Avi, was hilarious when she announced in one event, infront of the whole party crowd that she was bisexual and that she loves everyone – there you have it, a person who knows no gender and loves a person for what he/she is. That was cool! Jigz, came out to his friend in college, the one who he confided his love problems to, and get this…. Love problems with girls!

Well, this is a start. The gay/lesbian community is really coming out! Gone are the days of the don’t ask, don’t tell policy. The byline of the show struck a sensitive chord – “This is the time when being Out is In”…. hmmm… this will surely raise many conservative, prissy eyebrows. But look at gay TV, there is Will & Grace, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and now Out! Finally, a show where gays are not the center of jokes and much cajoling. A show where they introduced what this phenomenon is/was and will be like.

I tell you that the Gay People are here to stay! Out is a show that will educate and radically change the Filipino psyche. I do hope that it will live up to the expectations of everyone – straight, guy, bi.. what have you… After all, we’re all loving human beings who just want have someone to call our own! Be out and Be Proud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!