Nice picture.... got to think of blog entry...


Starry night
Originally uploaded by amazonangbading.
I found this picture in one of the blogs I was reading. So, I just typed away and hope that what I've written will make sense.... I am writing this in a semi-stupor state....

I am still reading through the Enneagram book and even if I typed myself as a 9 (Mediator), I can't help but see myself in each of the eight types as well. I think almost all of us have a trait or two from each of the types and I think the most dominant one is the only personality type that we are aware of.

Type Four (Tragic Romantic) People are fun! Their preoccupations are startling:
1. An attraction to the distant and the unavailable. Idealization of the absent lover (so true, I think I give my crushes godlike characteristics sometimes...)
2. Impatience with the flatness of ordinary feelings. Needing to re-intensify one's feelings through loss, heightened imagination and dramatic acts (A drama queen!).

Problems with type 4s?

It's a universal feeling... to put one's life on-hold until the meeting of the so-called romantic soul mate. As if this person is the key to your own personal salvation and happiness. It seems unfair for some but sometimes; the years may pass by and if this object of obsessive enthrallment does not materialized, then what? But it's still fun to believe that there is that somebody and of course, I think dreams and yearnings are more attractive and romantic than the real thing.

Phantom of the Opera

I finally got a chance to watch the Phantom of the Opera on DVD. While we were watching, these words continuously popped on the screen: For award giving organization presentations; I am still perplexed on how this copy made it to the 'movie pirates' ship'.

It was good; not that great but breathtaking as hell. I can't help but compare it to Moulin Rouge. Of course, the songs are forever immortalized in our psyche like 'All I ask of you' and 'Music of the Night'. But this song has a special place in my heart... I don't know why, but it struck a sensitive chord somewhat.

THINK OF ME
Think of me, think of me fondly
when we've said goodbye
Remember me, once in a while,
please promise me you'll try
when you find that once again you long
to take your heart back and be free
If you ever find a moment
Spare a thought for me
We never said our love was evergreen
Or as unchanging as the sea
But if you can still remember, stop and think of me
Think of all the things we've shared and seen
Don't think about the way things might've been
Think of me, think of me waking, silent and resigned
Imagine me trying too hard to put you from my mind
Recall those days, look back on all those times
Think of the things we'll never do
There will never be a day when I won't think of you
- from "The Phantom of the Opera"

I love Eric (Phantom) more than Raoul. He was enigmatic! But of course, this is the real world; phantoms belong to no one - only in the deep recesses of our subconscious. Each of us wears a mask to hide something - a blemish in character, a hidden identity... but what is hidden in the mask makes us unique and makes life worth living.... drama queen talaga!

Comments

Popular Posts