Skip to main content
"Lucy in The Sky and The Pussycat Dolls Concert Experience..."

Of course, being a hard core Beatlemaniac, this news really caught my attention:

"Real Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds is gravely ill..."
They were childhood chums. Then they drifted apart, lost touch completely, and only renewed their friendship decades later, when illness struck.
Not so unusual, really.
Except she is Lucy Vodden — the girl who was the inspiration for the Beatles' 1967 psychedelic classic "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" — and he is Julian Lennon, the musician son of John Lennon.
They are linked together by something that happened more than 40 years ago when Julian brought home a drawing from school and told his father, "That's Lucy in the sky with diamonds."


It's a known story to every Beatle fan worth her salt. The song Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds was inspired by that one remark from John's son, and this news story really added authenticity to this. Imagine living with the idea that you inspired a song by the most influential band of this century!

There is no band or artist that I know who really defined a generation like the way the Beatles revolutionized pop music. And what's great about them is that 40 years after, they still have a huge influence on teenagers. Their songs are the staple of growing up angst and of course, the thrill of teenage romance.

And thus, it's with great pride and excitement that I wait for "The Beatles Rockband game"!!!! I know it seems that they sold out but hey, this is another way to influence a brand new generation of kids. Who knows, our grandkids will still sing "I wanna hold your hand" using our rickety guitars in the future (that is if we live past 2012...


Amen? AMEN!

----



Last Thursday, I waited in anticipation... it's the day that I was waiting for, for the longest time. It's the Pussycat dolls concert in Manila! I was early man, I took the whole day off to prepare for this event so I could get a good view of Nicole (yes, I admit, the group should be named - Nicole and her backup dancers).

Even if my feet were killing me because I was standing for about 3 hours before the actual concert began, I was not moved. And, when I saw her on stage, I shrieked! Nice costume, well the sides of her belly was exposed but that's it. Maybe, later she'll wear more revealing clothes.

Same outfit and then the opening rift of Buttons (Yes, I can name that note in one hum...). She's wearing the same outfit! Argh.. no skin? No belly button atleast?

She appeared again and she was wearing a veil.. wtf! Then, a jacket! What the! Instead of pulling off clothes , they keep putting fabric on her! Hayyy...

Oh well, the pump dancing and the split act did the trick. I was satisfied :) And listening to Jai ho made the experience worth it. But again... where is the belly button and we didn't get to pay homage to her abs.. hmp!
----

Well, for now, I am looking forward tol Lady Gaga's concert (hoping it comes soon!)... and she must wear her tangga or else, there will be blood!

Amen? AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!