Skip to main content
A weekend of fun - Part Two

Saturday morning - Woken up by a text message - Normita. Normita! Gosh, how time flies and we're going to meet a fabulous girl that is really "kakaiba". Mornie (as the Kuya Benj of Nike calls her (naks, nakiki-kuya na rin ako), is really a fab girl. The IT Girl of our company during our time.

So, from Jersey where we are staying with the Viloria clan, Kuya drove us to New York. The drive from Jersey to New York takes about 30 minutes and once you approach New York, OMG! You can feel the electricity in the air. It's not my imagination, the city is really alive! The energy is palpable! I like Minnesota but I missed the energy of the Philippines. But New York has that energy and more!

I was really tempted to walk out of the car and just walk around. The city is alive I tell you. It's like a place that has a vibe of its own just like UP Diliman. There's something wondrously alive - it has a heart!

I have to stop my meanderings, anyway, then when I saw Mornie across the street gosh, I literally shouted to Nike, "There she is!" I wanted to lift her up in the air when I saw her. But I sensed a change in her. Awwww... she has mellowed. I thought she was groggy or something but no, something has changed. She is still Mornie but she has definitely mellowed down... a bit. There's still that panache and energy when she speaks but she's not the girl that she used to be back then.

We walked around New York with Mornie. Nike, Mornie and I used to work on a project (office depot - OD) before and it was so surreal to walk around NY with her. It was a blast!

OD Girls in New York...

Nike, Mornie and Moi (hanapin niyo ako)...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have to lift Mornie up to take this picture.. (weight lifting paying its dues)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Infront of the pictures of the event that change the world
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The girls walking along Thames St. I loved the sidestreets of NY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For a complete view of the NY scenes, take a look at Nike's blog: OD GIRLS in NY

Hay, I love New York!

Comments

Mornie said…
Nette!!! Come back to New York ah and I'll take you around. It was so fun seeing you and Nikka! Namiss ko talaga kayo!

I'll be home on May for 2 weeks. Libre niyo ako sa North Park! Puhleeaazzeeee! Mwah girl! Hugs!
Neth said…
Yep Mornie! We'll come back! We have to visit Amanda's baby - Isabelle Jane! :)

sure-sure! Northpark itoh! :) mwah back!

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!