Skip to main content
"Why we run and the art of belly bouncing"

Image hosting by Photobucket

Lately, I acquired a very good book on running at Booksale for only about 75 pesoses. The title is "Why we run". It's a very good book on running. The author was an ultramarathoner (gosh, I never knew that there was such an event.. a 100 KM run... the number itself is quite daunting).

It has a nice cover and nice explanation on how animals including humans evolved to be good runners. I didn't concentrate much on the animal biology lecture. I was more interested on the man himself... (Bern Hienrich) on how he conquered his physiological limitations to become a good runner.

This may seem crazy but a dream was instilled in me. Well, for a hefty individual such as me, running a marathon (42 km) is near to impossible in my mind. But what if?

It's a goal worth taking I guess. "Bahala na si Batman!" I'll try to train and let's see if I have the sheer guts to do it. I don't want to beat any record. That's what I like about running; it's a competitive sport but withouth the jostling with other people. It's basically a battle of one's mind over one's body - a battle and competition with oneself.



I am enjoying our belly daning class every Thursday. Although I have no idea how funny I may look doing those steps (alas, the room has no mirror in which we can view our seductive moves, naks!), it is fun! All those undulations and hip sways and vibrations bring out the "inner bakla" in us.

Gosh, it's easy to move the hips without moving the shoulders but moving the chest or most of the upper torso without movement at the lower torso! That's insane! But I am having loads of fun, what with my laughing at myself all the time.

There's the shimmy move... a shimmy in belly dancing is any rapid movement. Hip shimmy is doable in my mind but a shoulder shimmy? Dyos ko lord, I don't want to dislocate something. But the beat of belly dancing consists of primitive rhythm of percussions, drums and shouting (ala Xena the warrior princess), I am having past life flashes hehehe. It's so cool!

Only in belly dancing will you have a step in which your teacher will ask you to "caress your thighs as you go up." Yes, truly Bongacious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …
The Lesbian Lifestyle

It's been about eight (8) years since I came out as a lesbian. So much has changed since then. I never in my wildest dream thought that I will be with someone who loves me as much as my partner does and I never realized that I am capable of so much love.

I gained more than 50 pounds. You'll never realize it but the weight creeps in. It seems to be proportional to the amount of happiness you're gaining. Thus, if weight is the price I need to pay for being happy so be it! I would rather be plump and gay than thin and grumpy. :)

All of my friends are straight women and gay guys. I have a few lesbian friends (about 3 I think) and that's it. Not having enough lesbian friends is not a major problem for me since I don't think I fit into the lesbian lifestyle.

1.) I am not a radical feminist.
2.) I don't really think that all men are evil (ok some are but we also have evil women :)).
3.) I like green jokes and other politically incorrect jokes as …
The newest Gay Icon - lady Gaga


After Amy Winehouse, we have a new gay icon in Lady Gaga (aka Christina Galera) in tangga.



Find Alma Moreno-neque dance moves! :)

Enjoy!