Skip to main content

the week that was.... starting with norah ending with trump


norah jones
Originally uploaded by amazonangbading.
This week has been full, it started out with a lot of euphoria when I found out that I passed my MBA exam. Whoopeee! That felt good! I must say that I feel that I studied more during this exam than any of my undergraduate subjects. But the most important thing that I've taken from that experience is the knowledge that I've gain.

Watched norah jones concert after learning the fantastic news! I absolutely hate the guard at Araneta. You know why? As was customary, each guard searched through the belongings of people and I was surprised when it was my turn to be searched, he not only searched my bag but did a body search. It was so fast, I just felt his hand on my upper torso and I suddenly raised my arm in protest and blatantly told him, "Babae po ako!". My God, napagkamalan ba akong lalaki.
It would have a been a totally different story if he was drop dead gorgeous but my God, I felt so violated!

But after that episode, it was fun! Norah Jones was great! I watched her videos and other concerts and I thought that she was a quiet and reserved girl. A typical genius artist - but no, she was so witty and funny!

I especially liked it when she told the audience about her stint with sesame street, when she was supposed to meet the letter Y and Y stood her up. Then Elmo asked her why she was sad and she told him, "I don't know why Y didn't come..." That was so cute! ahhhwww... she looks like a lost little girl....

She sang all of her popular songs, "Don't Know why", "Sunrise", and the audience went berserk when she sang a cover song....The nearness of you. When she sang ths first line "It's not the pale moon..." the people went wild!

I didn't expect that she would leave her piano and stand infront of the audience to dance! It was so dainty. Ok, it's not a show girl dance, more of pa-sway-sway to the left and right with matching hawak sa skirt,,, but hey she's a singer/musician and not a dancer. That concert was cool.

At work, all is well. I am in a project that I like and I still have the time to go to the company gym and play badminton. I can't complain.

At home, I finally finished watching the Apprentice Season One... of course I already knew the winner.. fafa Bill Rancic but I must say, in all of the reality-based shows, I like the Apprentice the most. Maybe because I think (judging from season 1) the winning combinations for this contest are intelligence, great personality and mental shrewdness. There's no backstabbing but a game of team strategy in the realm of business.

But I really think that Donald Trump is wearing a wig, and I think Omarosa is such a character with good qualities but I wouldn't hire her in my company. She's a SLYTHERIN! hehehe :)

Note: Willie Revillame got married. In my opinion, he got married because Princess Punzalan got married to her American (and I must say cute) boyfriend. Love is so childish sometimes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good ending...

At last, there is already a resolution to the settingherfree saga. It took the writer a long time to end it... honestly, I think it's a work of fiction, crafted before valentine's day, to give couple-less individuals a boo-hoo-hoo....

It's just too good to be true... my theory is that it's a creative writing student's thesis or something...

The writer is good... and he has a good imagination. I posted a comment... hope he won't delete it....

Update: He did delete it! So, it's really too good to be true. (Ba't ko sya inaaway? HAHAHA!) I should really get a life... AMEN!
NUMUMS - BAKES AND CAKES





This is our new business venture. Please place your orders just in time for Valentine's!

Hello, it's me!

It's been awhile since I have shared something on this space about my thoughts and my life. Well, where do I start? Maybe just like an old good friend, I will try to give you some highlights on the past years when I was not blogging.

The biggest thing that happened to me so far was I got my Australian citizenship. I know right? I know that it may not be a big deal to others but for me, this is something that I have tried to work on for the past 5 years.  My kababayans might say that I am ungrateful, but we cannot discount the fact that with a blue passport from a country like Australia, I can travel to many countries - visa free without immigration officers trying to catch my eye and check if I am planning to do something illegal on their country.

No offense, but every time I stand on the immigration line going into another country, my heart always work double/triple time because I am too anxious to be deported back to my country even if I know that I have the proper visa.

Aside …